Roland F. Williams, MA, Master Addiction Counselor (MAC), Licensed Advanced Addiction Counselor (LAADC), Internationally Certified Advanced Addictions Counselor (ICAADC), Nationally Certified Addiction Counselor Level Two (NCAC II), Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor, Level II (CADCII), Advanced Certified Relapse Prevention Specialist (ACRPS), Nationally Certified Substance Abuse Professional (SAP), works world-wide as a counselor, interventionist, lecturer, trainer, teacher, author and consultant specializing in addiction related issues. Working in substance abuse treatment since 1986. As a consultant he has assisted many treatment centers to develop world class addiction treatment protocols as well as to create clinical treatment models that embrace the vision and passion of the program founders. As a clinician he works with many celebrities, medical, legal and business professionals as well as inner city clients and those involved in the criminal justice system. Mr. Williams has worked with clients and treatment centers in France, Italy, Switzerland, Holland, Thailand, the Philippines, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Japan, Dominican Republic, the United Kingdom and all across the United States.
Mr. Williams has sat on the CAADAC (California Association of Alcohol and Drug Counselors) board and is a member of the NAADAC (National Association of Alcohol and Drug Counselors) Trainers Academy and he provides technical assistance and training worldwide. He was the Chairman of the African American Constituency Committee for California’s Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs and has sat on several addictions related advisory committees. As a SAP (Nationally Certified Substance Abuse Professional), Mr. Williams is qualified to conduct Department of Transportation approved substance abuse evaluations and treatment referrals, currently working with several companies and individuals to provide this very specific service. Mr. Williams is currently assisting the State of California to develop standards and implementation practices to provide Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services to all substance abuse and mental health facilities.
“You alone can do it… but you can’t do it alone…Roland F. Williams
Mr. Williams is an internationally recognized, powerful and inspirational speaker who regularly performs seminars, workshops and keynote presentations. He is a sought after expert in the field of addiction treatment, relapse prevention therapy and cross cultural counseling, he routinely conducts staff training, skills building and program development for numerous treatment centers and organizations around the globe, including:
- Acadiana Recovery Center, Lafayette, Los Angeles
- Acoma Recovery Center, New Mexico
- Alameda County Alcohol and Drug Program
- Bety Ford Center
- Ben Franklin Institute, Philadelphia
- California Association of Alcohol and Drug Program
- California Youth Authority
- California Youth Authority, Paso Robles, California
- DARA, Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Asia, Koh Chang, Thailand
- Family Court Service, San Jose, California
- Florida Intervention Project for Nurses
- Free At Last, East Palo Alto, California
- Haight Ashbury Clinic, San Francisco, California
- Illinois Alcohol and Drug Counselors Board
- Milestones, San Francisco, California
- Napa County Alcohol and Drug Program
- Physicians Diversion Program
- Positive Directions, Oakland, California
- Professional Recovery Center, The Betty Ford Center
- Riverside County Alcohol and Drug Program
- San Mateo County Jail, CASE Program
- Santa Clara County Alcohol and Drug Program
- Smith and Jones, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- State of Michigan, Adolescent Corrections Department
- The Betty Ford Center, Rancho Mirage, California
- The Lakeview Center, Pensacola, Florida
- The Other Bar, Attorney Support Program
- Valley Transit Authority, Santa Clara County, California
- Walden House Inc., San Francisco, California
An author of numerous recovery related articles, Mr. Williams has also developed a culturally specific relapse prevention model for African Americans and other under-served populations, including three books published on the subject. Mr. Williams has made numerous radio and television appearances, including the Biography Channel’s segment on Marvin Gaye as well as the HBO special ‘Addicted’.
Mr. Williams’ other professional highlights include:
- Chairman of the Advisory Board of Lionrock Behavioral Health, where he leads the development of LION (Lionrock Intensive Outpatient Network), providing intensive outpatient programs online via video conferencing.
- Former Director of Clinical Operations for DARA Thailand, where he helped redesign the Clinical Program and developed the 12 Step model “Steps to Recovery”, and provided on-going consultation.
- Co-Founder and Strategic Advisor of Alta Mira, one of the world’s most luxurious and comprehensive addiction treatment centers, where he designed and implemented their clinical treatment model and wrote the client workbook.
- Founder and President of Free Life Enterprises, Counseling and Consulting Services. Free Life Enterprises provides EAP (Employee Assistance Program) services, which includes counseling, crisis intervention, assessment and referrals.
- Founder and Director of VIP Recovery Coaching, an international recovery coaching company providing high profile clients one-on-one addiction assessment, evaluation, case management, treatment planning and counseling services in their home environment. VIP Recovery Coaching brings treatment to clients who either don’t want to go to traditional residential substance abuse programs or have a hard time implementing their recovery plan into their lifestyle after completing residential treatment.
- Founder and Director of the Free Life Recovery Center outpatient treatment program.
- Former Clinical Director and Co-founder of Bayside Marin, a residential and outpatient substance abuse program where he developed the “Bayside Model”.
- Past-Director of Behavioral Health Services at Good Samaritan Hospital San Jose, California where he was responsible for their psychiatric and chemical dependency programs for 15 years.
- Senior Trainer/Consultant for Terence T. Gorski’s CENAPS Corporation.